Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mulholland sent back to little league

Rookie ERA

Mulholland sent back to little league

After yet another piss poor relief appearance, one time starter, 140 time loser Terry Mulholland was sent back to little league. The kids will be licking their chops to get at some of the stuff Terry was sporting tonight. It's GOT to be harder to hit a ball off a tee then crush that 30mph fastball. How many people in the stands could go 4-4 against TM given the chance? How many of us throw harder underhanded? How many antacids are needed to ease the sour stomach when we see ol' #45 hit the mound? So many questions, how lucky are those little leaguers?

It's insulting to think this guy's taking away an opportunity from a minor leaguer just because gardy likes his clubhouse demeanor. Pathetic.
    Nobody wins in a dairy challenge

Minor Leaguer
    Rookie ERA
    Patttriooottt!!!!

AA ERA
    PATRIOT IS FINALLY IN THE HOUSE

NOW THIS BOARD IS FINALLY COMPLETE.

While I disagree with about you with TM, it was still funny.

Thanks for coming and it's about time you came.

I hope you enjoy it here.

MLB ERA
    The thing that's the most pathetic about it, is that he's still on a roster. One good/decent outting every 5 tries does NOT a big league roster make (at least not in Lynch's America).

Maybe he can replace Ullger at hitting coach. Lord knows he knows how to serve up a meatball. After this many years of doing it, you'd think he could show the boys how to hit them too.

AA ERA
    Let's be fair to Terry. His outfielders did a lousy job not fielding the ball or getting a good read to the ball. The field was too wet last night. Oh and Mauer should have found a way to block that plate to prevent the lead runner home that gave the Tigers a 4-3 lead.

He wasn't that great, but he wasn't that bad. To his credit, it could have gone worse. Instead, I blame this on Gardenhire. WTF is he thinking going with TM for three innings? It's bad enough that TM was shaky in the two innings that he pitched so the manager wants to go with the well for a third time. Third time became a charm for the Tigers. I can understand not using J.C. or Juan in that spot since they pitched Thursday afternoon, but why not use Jesse Crain or even Matt Guerrier on the spot in the tenth. This decision to use TM is as stupid as using Joe Nathan for four innings in Game 2 of the ALDS. TM does not have the arm strength to go all the way like he used to be. There is a reason why he is a reliever now.

I will go to war with Terry every time. My stomach churns when that stiff, J.C. Romero is on the mound

Welcome back Patriot.
    LOVE THEE NOTRE DAME!

AA ERA
    Thanks, Cubbie.

Can I ask what's your take on TM when he was a Cubbie? I thought he was fantastic as a Cub. He was a great mentor to Kerry Wood and he was a huge reason why the Cubs won the Wild Card in 1995. Terry's clubhouse demeanor was an important factor in the Cubs winning the wild card.

Furcals Designated Driver realmofotalk's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Mulholland flat out sucked when he was a Dodger. Why the hell Dan Evans ever traded Mike Fetters for him is beyond most Dodger fans' mind. It had to take two top pitching prospects (Ricardo Rodriguez and Francisco Cruceta) to package Mulholland to Cleveland for another overpriced turd, Paul Shuey.

AA ERA
    All I know is TM has been very good for the Twins these last two years. Disregard what Lynch and patriot said. They are just bitter towards him. I watch him everyday and he has been very good.

Also TM has been a huge reason why Johan has become a very good pitcher and why Joe Nathan is one of the best closers in baseball. TM's leadership has been huge for our young pitchers.

Furcals Designated Driver realmofotalk's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Were TM and Fetters ever on the same Twins roster?

AA ERA
    Nope

Fetters was with the Twins two years ago and he did not make it past April. He was horrible then. That's too bad. I thought he would help the pen.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Mullholland was pretty effective when he was in seattle. but cmon hes not ****ing BOBBY AYALA
    2003 Hybrid World Champion (115-47 reg season, 11-4 playoffs)

TBL: Anaheim Angels 2006-present (238-244 regular season, 1 division title)
    MSL: St Louis Cardinals 2013-present (2734-2936 regular season, 5 division titles, 2 championships)
    TSSL: Seattle Mariners 2006-2029, Pittsburgh Pirates 2030-present (209-277, 5 division titles w/SEA, 1 championship w/SEA)

MLB ERA
    Mullholland is one of those guys that I just sit and scratch my head wondering why he's still on a roster (anywhere) much less in MN.

AA ERA
    Good seeing you, Lynch. I hope everything goes well with you at work and at home.

TM is here basically for leadership and mentorship. Guys like Johan and Joe Nathan has credited Terry for developing them into good pitchers. Still, he has been very good for the Twins.

AA ERA
    Lynch: I was watching the Twins/O's telecast tonight and Dick was talking about how TM should be a Hall of Famer. What do you think of that?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast