Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Strike 3 Forums - Hot Seat Questions #26 - Slyder

Future PGA Tour Golfer DirtyKash's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Strike 3 Forums - Hot Seat Questions #26 - Slyder

Rules for the Hotseat

This is something we are continuing on with. One nice aspect of being a smaller forum is building a solid community and getting to know many of the forum posters and here is your chance to get know one another even better. In The Strike 3 Forums Hot Seat threads, you may ask the one in the Hot Seat (in this case, Slyder) up to 3 questions. The questions can be personal, about baseball, whatever.

Please keep the questions appropriate and know that the person in the Hot Seat can refuse to answer any question he or she feels uncomfortable with. You may ask questions for the next couple days, then the guy in The Hotseat will answer what he chooses to. If you would like to have a chance to be the next one up, post that you would like to and Slyder will select from the one's interested for who will go next.

Timeframe involved: Just so we know how we are going to do this..... the person in the "Hot Seat" will be there for about 10 days. Questions (such as this thread) will be open for 5 days and then we'll close the questioning so that the poster has time (up to 5 days) to get some answers together. As of now, we'll go with 3 posters a month (10 days each). If demand for more comes up, we'll address it at that time. We just don't want to shoot through everyone too quickly.

Questioning will close Tuesday, September 27th.

MLB ERA
    I anxiously await everyones question(s).
    HollywoodLeo: You and Kingdom always annoy me
    "Oh, don't mind me, I'm rebuilding now" then you win at least 80 games

RIP S3SL Minnesota Twins.

RIP HSL Anaheim Angels

Rebuilding the Dodger Blues
    Renewed Start back in the land of 10,000 lakes

The Clubhouse Co-Mod HuskerFan2002's Avatar
    AAA ERA
    Hmm..I thought you were going to ask yourself questions. Haha.

Mine will come shortly.

MLB ERA
    1) If the wind is blowing northerly at 41MPH, a train is traveling from Chicago to Knoxville at 65MPH, the ambient air temp is 74 degrees fahenheit, and diesel fuel costs aproximately $2.49 per gallon... what color hat is the conductor wearing?

2) If you had a free pass to commit any crime, without fear of punnishment, what would you do and why?

3) Grapefruit... With sugar or just like it is?

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    1] When at restaurants, are you tempted to steal the silverware or drink coasters? Or even the glasses? Or have you done it before..

2] I've been told by both Porter and General that you are seeking revenge against me in their ATH games. Do you sleep at night, bothered by the fact? Do you wake up in cold sweats after countless nightmares where I'm beating you over and over again? ..ha

3] Of all the current and/or living managers, who would you want most to be the manager of the reds? And why? And if the reds blow while he's managing, do you fire him?
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

1) Slyder, why so patient with the Twins in S3SL? You know they're not the greatest. (No blaming previous GMs )

2 a) You're favorite NFL teams, the Raiders, are at a 0-2 record. Let's be real, they're pathetic. Why are they sucking so bad with Moss as their #1 wideout? Wasn't Moss suppose to open up Curry, Porter, and the others? Is it Kerry Collins? The running game? Defense? I'd like to hear your opinion on them. I already know why they suck.....(They're the Raiders)
    2 b) If the Raiders had the 3rd pick last year and Alex Smith and Aaron Rodgers were off the board, who would've you wanted the Raiders to pick? (Note: I didn't want you to say Smith and Rodgers, because Smith or Rodgers would've been a clear answer mainly because we know Collins sucks)

3) The question has always been, "Power or Contact in OOTP." We know each others stances on the matter. Heck, you may finally join the "right" side one day. You're learning. But why contact over power? Power can be a powerful tool and some great hitters are more of a power hitter then a contact hitter. (IE: Adam Dunn).

1. Suppose that you were starting up a Major League Baseball Team and due to a special rule change, you can choose one veteran (at least 5 years MLB Experience or over 30 years old), one young player (at least one day MLB experience but may not fall into either other category), and one prospect (no MLB experience), which three would you choose and why?

2. If you could change three events in your life, what would they be? Consider all possible rammifications of these changes. You do not have to change anything, but if you don't, what the hell makes your life so perfect?

3. Hypothetical question: God/Allah/Deity/Natural Distaster decided to destroy everyone in the world, but gave you and one other person of the opposite sex (to reproduce, although the inbreeding would be weird after a while, that's beside the point) the chance to live. First off, would you take the option (assume that all production would be maintained and that you could buy food, live normally, say robots took over)? Second, if you took the option, and this power said that x amount of people would be saved if you (alone) sacrificed yourself, what would x have to be (assume choice is random. You could get Bill Gates, you could get a murderer) for you to take that deal?
    http://strike3forums.com/forums/phot...pelbon2006.jpg

Then out of fairness to the others you will be Slagathor.

MLB ERA
    Wow, Fishercat. Great questions.

RIP Cyan 2000 - 2017 Providence A's's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    1) How could you incorporate cultural considerations into program design and implementation to improve treatment outcomes, particularly long-term treatment outcomes, in an obesity treatment program?

2) What are four herbal or alternative approaches to weight loss? Be sure to include information on safety and effectiveness.

3) If you were in charge of awarding grant money, which one area would you give the money to make the biggest impact in obesity? Some factors that you should consider are population (children, adolescents, adults), level of obesity treated (normal weight, overweight or slightly, moderately or severely obese), interventions for obesity treatment, prevention of obesity, and/or type of intervention (diet/exercise, medication, surgery, behavior change, combination). Back up your answer with research findings.

Enjoy...

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by Providence A's
    1) How could you incorporate cultural considerations into program design and implementation to improve treatment outcomes, particularly long-term treatment outcomes, in an obesity treatment program?

2) What are four herbal or alternative approaches to weight loss? Be sure to include information on safety and effectiveness.

3) If you were in charge of awarding grant money, which one area would you give the money to make the biggest impact in obesity? Some factors that you should consider are population (children, adolescents, adults), level of obesity treated (normal weight, overweight or slightly, moderately or severely obese), interventions for obesity treatment, prevention of obesity, and/or type of intervention (diet/exercise, medication, surgery, behavior change, combination). Back up your answer with research findings.

Enjoy...

You serious?

Yours are more like an exam that nobody likes to take.

1) What has been the album of the year for 2005, so far?
    2) What has been the movie of the year for 2005, so far?
    3) What would your Top 10 albums ever look like?

RIP Cyan 2000 - 2017 Providence A's's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by ATLien

You serious?

Yours are more like an exam that nobody likes to take.
    Did you see my reason in CRF's answers?

MLB ERA
    1) Who is your number one inspiration in life?

2) What's your favoite subject/class in school?

3) Who will win the basketball battles between UC and WVU this year?

I'm being easy on my fellow Reds fans. We gotta stick together against the dark side.
    The Simpson family gathers around, as Homer places Bart's passed test on the fridge.)

Homer: We're proud of you, boy.

Bart: Thanks, Dad. But part of this D-minus belongs to God.

1.) What is your favorite type of cheese?

2.) If you had to trade Dapena and Tyree Burns or Degroat, which trade would you do?

3.) List your 5 favorite players on the 2012 s0x and why.
    "Players can't get better over time." -GiantsFanatic

Furcals Designated Driver realmofotalk's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    1) What's your favorite alcoholic beverage?

2) Which crime boss played by Al Pacino would you rather be in the real world: Michael Corleone or Tony Montana? Why?

3) My Russell Crowe question: Rank 1-10 whom would you go gay for: Saber, McKain, CrazyEights, Providence A's, Kingdom of Zito, Fishercat, CincyRedsFan, bipster, RockSports, and MarinersFan87.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    1) Why do you hate Knuckleballers so much?

2) Will the Arizona DBacks offense (S3L) ever hit over .250?

3) Whats your take on the actual Felix Hernandez?
    2003 Hybrid World Champion (115-47 reg season, 11-4 playoffs)

TBL: Anaheim Angels 2006-present (238-244 regular season, 1 division title)
    MSL: St Louis Cardinals 2013-present (2734-2936 regular season, 5 division titles, 2 championships)
    TSSL: Seattle Mariners 2006-2029, Pittsburgh Pirates 2030-present (209-277, 5 division titles w/SEA, 1 championship w/SEA)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast