Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Strike 3 Forums - Hot Seat Questions #27 - Wally Mo Pena

Future PGA Tour Golfer DirtyKash's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Strike 3 Forums - Hot Seat Questions #27 - Wally Mo Pena

Rules for the Hotseat

This is something we are continuing on with. One nice aspect of being a smaller forum is building a solid community and getting to know many of the forum posters and here is your chance to get know one another even better. In The Strike 3 Forums Hot Seat threads, you may ask the one in the Hot Seat (in this case, Wally Mo Pena) up to 3 questions. The questions can be personal, about baseball, whatever.

Please keep the questions appropriate and know that the person in the Hot Seat can refuse to answer any question he or she feels uncomfortable with. You may ask questions for the next couple days, then the guy in The Hotseat will answer what he chooses to. If you would like to have a chance to be the next one up, post that you would like to and Wally Mo Pena will select from the one's interested for who will go next.

Timeframe involved: Just so we know how we are going to do this..... the person in the "Hot Seat" will be there for about 10 days. Questions (such as this thread) will be open for 5 days and then we'll close the questioning so that the poster has time (up to 5 days) to get some answers together. As of now, we'll go with 3 posters a month (10 days each). If demand for more comes up, we'll address it at that time. We just don't want to shoot through everyone too quickly.

Questioning will close Saturday, October 8th.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    1] If the land know as [insert state in which you live in] disappeared, where would you prefer to live?

2] Which kitchen appliance would you throw at DirtyKash, and why?

3] Which song do you embarrassingly sing in the car?
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

MLB ERA
    1) What is better, a girl you have to work for or one that likes you instantly?

2) If a kangaroo mates with a wallaby and 1/2 the offspring survive somehow, and those offspring are captured and sold on the open market.. one of those offspring escapes in downtown Cincinatti... what does it to to Adam Dunn's strikeout to hits ratio?

3) Pasta meals.. heavy garlic or heavy cheese?

Future PGA Tour Golfer DirtyKash's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    1 - Does it bother you that people often misspell "Cincinnati" as "Cincinatti"?

2 - Have you read a good book lately, and if so what is it?

3 - What's your costume for Halloween going to be?

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom_of_Zito
    1] If the land know as Ohio disappeared, where would you prefer to live?
    Wally doesn't live in Ohio. (Just telling you in case you would want to change the question)

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    well fudge tenticles
    k, thanks mishunhockee
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

Rookie ERA
    1. Could you pass a Reverse Turing Test?

2. Which is more awesome: flight (sans flying machine), telekinesis, invisibility, or telepathy?

3. One time I hired a monkey to take notes for me in class. I would just sit there with my mind a complete blank while the monkey scribbled on little pieces of paper. At the end of the week, the teacher said "class, I want you to write a paper using your notes." What did my paper say?

4. What happens if I ask 4 questions?

Thanks for the help Mission, but i'm 'Nati born and raised, so keep the southwest ohio questions coming if that's what floats your boat.
    Reds MVP Race

6: Arroyo, Harang
    5: Kearns
    4: Phillips
    3: Dunn, Felo, Freel, Milton
    2: Claussen, EdE, Griffey, Valentin
    1: Aurilia, Hatteberg, Lizard, Larue, Shackelford

AA ERA
    What is your favorite TV show?

What college are you wanting to attend/do attend/did attend?

What empire would you like to live in at any point in time?
    I aim to try
    "Nothing is what rocks dream of."-Aristotle

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    1) You're a Cincinnati Reds scout and you are viewing two young pitchers, one of which you plan to give your stamp of approval to Dan O'Brien and/or Dean Taylor. One is a college arm who has had a successful collegiate career; he doesn't blow anyone away but he has a solid presence on the mound, gets the job done on a consistent basis and is very close to being big-league ready. He projects to be at least a #2 pitcher and maybe more. The other is a high school arm who has dominated; terrific stuff, a plus fastball, although his mechanics are of some concern and he is likely several years away from the majors. This pitcher draws favorable comparisons with his stuff to some of todays current greats and if he reaches his ceiling, a surefire ace. Assume that the Reds are in the same current situation as they are now and this would be using their pick in the draft next year (#8.) Basically, do you go for the reward that is closer to paying off but the reward itself won't be quite as big or the reward that will likely be greater but so is the risk.

2) What are your thoughts on using W-L records to determine how succesful a pitcher is? There was a big debate on this in the articles forum and I am curious to hear your thoughts.

3) Describe the perfect game for you. Stadium, seats, weather, food, lineups, no-hiter, game 7 of the World Series... whatever it would take to essentially make one game like heaven on Earth for you.

Thanks in advance for answering the questions.

1.) When will the Reds win the central?

2.) Who is the best fielding Red of all time?

3.) If you could have Smoltz or Hudson on the Reds, who would you take?
    "Players can't get better over time." -GiantsFanatic

these are great questions y'all, keep 'em coming.
    Reds MVP Race

6: Arroyo, Harang
    5: Kearns
    4: Phillips
    3: Dunn, Felo, Freel, Milton
    2: Claussen, EdE, Griffey, Valentin
    1: Aurilia, Hatteberg, Lizard, Larue, Shackelford

Minor Leaguer
    Rookie ERA
    1. If all of the Cincinnati Reds decided to run for President of the United States, which one would you vote for? (let us assume that Congress waived the eligibility rules in order to make each player eligible for the race)

2. If Wily Mo Pena agreed to have dinner at your house during interleague play next year, what would you cook? (follow-up question: can I come too?)

3. what is your favorite smell?

MLB ERA
    1) Who are your favorite Reds players (past or present, top 5 which ever)?

2) If you were Dan O'Brien and Lindner gave you 35 mil to work with what would be your goals with the offseason (Free Agency and/or Trades)?

3) What are your favorite things to do at a ballgame?
    HollywoodLeo: You and Kingdom always annoy me
    "Oh, don't mind me, I'm rebuilding now" then you win at least 80 games

RIP S3SL Minnesota Twins.

RIP HSL Anaheim Angels

Rebuilding the Dodger Blues
    Renewed Start back in the land of 10,000 lakes

Rookie
    Down in Kokomo, where we'll get there fast and then we'll take it slow.
    Rookie ERA
    1. What do you believe will be the next "big" statistic in terms of being recoginized by the casual fan. IE, OPS over the past few years.

2. You are presented with a hypothetical situation, a deal with the devil more or less. Essentially you have the power to trade for a guranteed World Series appearance/win in 2006 but to get that it would also gurantee that the Reds would be 6th place in the Central for the following ten seasons. Would you do that deal? (I left the World Series to be either an appearance or a win since some might not like a guranteed win since there is no suspense which is a large reason in which why we watch from day to day.)

3. What are the three biggest problems with the world in which could be fixed with a reasonable solution?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast